What is left to say about the brilliance of FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi? The 2012 World Player of the Year finished the 2012-13 season with 46 goals in only 32 matches. Barcelona won La Liga, tying a number of league records including most points in a season (100), most wins (32) and most home wins (18).
2012-13 was a tough period for Real Madrid: they were a semi-finalist in Europe, runners-up in the Spanish Cup and 2nd in the league, with their only trophy being the pre-season SuperCup title. For most players, finishing with 34 goals would be a huge success, but Cristiano Ronaldo, that number would have seemed better if the club had won more trophies. In any case, he was a solid performer, averaging of a goal per match played, finishing with 55 goals across all competitions.
The 2012-13 season was an incredible one for Columbian Radamel Falcao after starting the year with a hat-trick against Chelsea in August He finished the season with 28 goals, third-best in all of Spain, helping Atlético Madrid win two trophies. Although he recently joined AS Monaco as they return to top flight football in France, Atlético fans won’t soon forget what he added to their club in the two seasons he spent in the Spanish capital.
- GK: Thibaut Courtois – Atlético Madrid
- LB: Jordi Alba – FC Barcelona
- CB: Piqué– FC Barcelona
- CB: Sergio Ramos – Real Madrid
- RB: Carlos Martinez – Real Sociedad
- CM: Iniesta – FC Barcelona
- CM: Xavi – FC Barcelona
- CM: Xabi Alonso – Real Madrid
- LW: Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid
- RW: Falcao – Atlético Madrid
- CF: Lionel Messi – FC Barcelona
Substitutes & Reserves
- GK: Victor Valdés – FC Barcelona
- LB: Filipe Luis – Atlético Madrid
- CB: Raphaël Varane – Real Madrid
- CDM: Sergio Busquets – FC Barcelona
- RM: Patrick Ebert – Real Valladolid
- CM: Beñat – Real Betis
- RM: Jesús Navas – Sevilla FC
The Team of the Week/Season is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW and TOTS items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.