Today's release of Origin 8.5 makes some of your most frequently requested features a reality. Not only have we added the ability to customize your avatar and hide your games, but we've also strengthened our existing foundations, making Origin faster, safer, and easier to use.
One of the biggest changes in 8.5 is the ability to upload custom avatars. Whereas users were previously required to choose from a gallery of pre-defined images, it is now possible to upload an avatar image directly from your computer. Visit the Settings menu in the Origin client to set your new pic.
Origin 8.5 also grants users the option to hide games in their Game Library, allowing for cleaner management of demos and games.
Last – but certainly not least – Origin 8.5 extends cloud storage options to a number of new games, including Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and the upcoming Mass Effect 3. Save to the cloud to access in-game progress from any Origin-enabled PC.
Want to know what else has changed? Take a look at the official release notes for Origin 8.5 below:
- Added the ability to upload custom avatars.
- Added cloud storage support for a number of additional EA games, including Mass Effect 3.
- Added captcha verification for increased security.
- Improved relevancy of friend search results.
- Progress bar now displays when installing games.
- Streamlined Origin update and installation processes.
- Game Add-Ons (DLC) can now be purchased and installed directly through Origin.
- Updated the look and feel of the Origin client.
- Users can now invite multiple friends to play at once.
- Users can now hide games in their Game Library.