After conceding an early goal at home against Hamburg SV in the German Bundesliga league match, Schalke 04 came back to win 4-1 and maintain control of fourth place in the standings. The highlight player of the match was Klass-Jan Huntelaar, who netted a hat-trick, scored the game-deciding goal mid-way through the first half then added two more in the second.
Staying in Germany, VfL Wolfsburg disposed of Borussia Monchengladbach 3-1 and it was the hard work of Diego that helped them to victory. Not only did he score the club’s third goal, he was credited with both assists on the two previous goals.
Meanwhile in France, Paris Saint-Germain is just about to wrap up their third Lique-1 title, the club’s first since 1994. A big reason for their success this season has been the fine defensive work of Thiago Silva. Although Sunday’s away match against Evian Thonon Gaillard was marred with clashes between players, Silva’s performance was enough to see him named the Man of the Match.
This Week’s Team of the Week
Starting XI (Playing 3-4-3)
- GK – Benoît Costil – Stade Rennais (France)
- CB – Thiago Silva – Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- CB – Raúl Albiol – Real Madrid (Spain)
- CB – Sergio Sánchez – Málaga CF (Spain)
- LM – Diego – VfL Wolfsburg (Germany)
- CM – Coutinho – Liverpool (England)
- CM – Tim Cahill – New York Red Bulls (United States)
- RM – Charlie Adam – Stoke City (England)
- ST – Jordan Henderson – Liverpool (England)
- ST – Pablo Osvaldo – Roma (Italy)
- ST – Klaas-Jan Huntelaar – FC Schalke 04 (Germany)
- GK – Francesco Bardi – Novara (Italy)
- CB – Marc McAusland – St. Mirren (Scotland)
- CB – Ko Yo Han – FC Seoul (Korea)
- CM – Maciej Rybus – Terek Grozny (Russia)
- ST – John Goossens – Feyenoord (The Netherlands)
- ST – James Vaughan – Huddersfield Town (England)
- ST – Christian Benteke – Aston Villa (England)
Check out the full TOTW (here)
The Team of the Week is available to play against each and every week in FIFA Ultimate Team. TOTW items are available by chance when opening FIFA Ultimate Team Packs.