In 1993 Jim Valvano inspired the world with one simple message – "don’t give up…don’t ever give up." These words carry on today as the heartbeat of the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
For over two decades the V-Foundation has been dedicated to finding a cure for cancer, generating support for cancer research and creating awareness about the disease.
We’re thrilled to partner with The V-Foundation for Cancer Research on the Origin Humble Bundle and you can donate right now to this charity by going to Humble Bundle and purchasing the Humble Origin Bundle 2.
To get more familiar The V-Foundation for Cancer Research, here are five things you need to know:
- The V-Foundation for Cancer Research was founded in 1993 by ESPN and former basketball coach Jim Valvano after he was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 46.
- Addressing the need to help early-career cancer investigators develop into promising research talents was the first goal of The Foundation. To address this need, the V Scholar award was founded in 1994 to help young physicians and scientists establish their careers.
- The group has awarded more than $130 million to more than 120 facilities around the country, with 100% of all direct cash donations going directly to fund cancer research and related programs.
- The V Foundation is guided by an elite, all-volunteer Scientific Advisory Committee, that recommends the research projects funded. The Committee is comprised of top physicians and research scientists from prominent universities and cancer centers throughout the country.
- In 2001 The V Foundation announced its Translational Research Grants, designed to accelerate laboratory findings with the goal of benefiting patients more quickly.
When you buy the Humble Origin Bundle 2, your donations will support V-Foundation and cancer research programs nationwide. Learn more about V-Foundation and get involved with the Humble Origin Bundle 2 today.